||Science: Grades 3-5
Below are interactive, tech-enhanced online resources to help students practice the skills they will need for next generation assessments.
Ohio Sample Assessment Items
- Link - Ohio Training Test for Science and Social Studies
- Link - Ohio Sample Assessment Items
Other Sample Assessment Items
- Link - Edcite - Use, copy, or modify thousands of user-created next generation assessment items, or create your own. Includes support for technology-enhanced question types including ELA passage highlighting, dynamic Math graphs, image labeling, and many more.
|Resources by Topic and Tool|
Content Area Reading Comprehension
- Link - Newsela - Daily nonfiction news articles, each available at multiple lexile levels, with associated Common Core aligned quizzes. Teachers can also assign and track student articles.
- Link - Cracking Concrete - predict the effect of freeze/thaw cycle on a concrete sidewalk - Requires Flash
- Link - Here Comes the Sun - predict path of the sun and number of daylight hours to determine best planting location - Requires Flash
- Link - Mystery Plants - Determine optimum amount of light an nutrients for plant growth - Requires Flash
|General Interactive Resource Sites
- Link - Annenberg Learner Interactives
- Link - The Concord Consortium STEM Resource Finder
- Link - Interactive Sites for Education
- Link - PhET Interactive Simulations - Some require Java
- Link - ScienceNetLinks Tools Search