||Science: Grades 9-12
Below are interactive, tech-enhanced online resources to help students practice the skills they will need for next generation assessments.
Ohio Sample Assessment Items
- Link - Ohio Training Test for Science and Social Studies
- Link - Ohio Sample Assessment Items
Other Sample Assessment Items
- Link - Edcite - Use, copy, or modify thousands of user-created next generation assessment items, or create your own. Includes support for technology-enhanced question types including ELA passage highlighting, dynamic Math graphs, image labeling, and many more.
|Resources by Topic and Tool
- Link - Smarter Balanced Calculator for High School (Scientific/Graphing, Regression)
- Link - Calc SS3 - Simple pop-up calculator extension for Google Chrome that can switch between scientific and normal mode
Content Area Reading Comprehension
- Link - Newsela - Daily nonfiction news articles, each available at multiple lexile levels, with associated Common Core aligned quizzes. Teachers can also assign and track student articles.
- Link - Energy Transfer - Investigate energy transfer between substances to determine the best metal for a cooking pot - Requires Flash
- Link - Starlight - Investigate relationships between the luminosity and temperature of different stars - Requires Flash
- Link - Phytoplankton Factor - Investigate ocean conditions that support phytoplankton growth - Requires Flash
|General Interactive Resource Sites
- Link - Annenberg Learner Interactives
- Link - The Concord Consortium STEM Resource Finder
- Link - ScienceNetLinks Tools Search
- Link - PhET Interactive Simulations - Some require Java